With the high cost of drugstore and department store cosmetics, have you ever wondered whether you could achieve the same results with natural products? Amazingly, economical and effective cleansers, masks, and moisturizers can be mixed from ingredients straight from your kitchen. Treat your skin to wholesome, chemical-free products by learning simple homemade beauty tips for face.
On this page you will learn which ingredients to use, a cleanser and a scrub recipe for your face, two homemade masks using honey and avocado and one excellent homemade moisturizer from cocoa butter and egg.
Ingredients You Can Use
The following natural products can be used alone or in combination for their varied skin care properties:
- Honey: Honey has been used for centuries for its astringent and moisturizing properties.
- Citrus Juices: Lemon, orange, and tomato juices are naturally astringent and useful for cleansing oily skin.
- Oils: Olive, almond, and grape seed oils possess deep moisturizing and softening properties.
- Fruits and Vegetables: Many fruits and vegetables are beneficial to the skin, whether eaten or applied directly to the face. Avocados, cucumbers, lemons, tomatoes, and even potatoes all have their place in a skin care regimen.
- Egg: Egg is a wonderful skin conditioner. The white is an excellent addition to masks and is beneficial to oily skin, while the yolk enriches dry skin.
- Yogurt: Plain, preferably organic, yogurt is a mild skin cleanser.
- Oatmeal: Gently abrasive oatmeal exfoliates naturally, rejuvenating skin without harming sensitive tissues. It also has astringent properties.
- Milk and Cream: soothing and mild, milk and cream are excellent choices for homemade cleansers.
- Papaya: Papaya contains the enzyme papain, which exfoliates naturally. Papaya also serves as an astringent.
- Almonds: Whether crushed or in oil form, almonds are known for their deeply moisturizing properties. Almond oil is a time-honored remedy for dark under eye circles.
Homemade Beauty Recipes For Face
The following recipes incorporate many homemade beauty tips for face. Try them or create your own.
Milk and Honey Cleanser
Proper cleansing is the foundation of beautiful skin. The following is a classic milk-based recipe. Make it fresh every time.
- Warm one tablespoon dark honey in the microwave
- Add one tablespoon cream or whole milk
- Apply immediately
Papaya Face Scrub
Exfoliating is vitally important for rejuvenation of the skin. The following recipe will leave skin feeling soft and renewed.
- Mash the meat of a ripe papaya with a fork
- Add 2-3 teaspoons ground oatmeal and one teaspoon sugar
- Mix into a thick paste
- Massage into skin for several minutes; allow to dry
Using masks is one of the homemade beauty tips for glowing skin; you can use them to invigorate, soothe, or moisturize skin. Before applying any mask, open the pores by applying a warm, damp washcloth to the face. After removing the mask, rinse with warm water, then cold.
Simple Avocado Mask
- Using a ripe avocado, scoop and mash the meat
- If desired, combine with one tablespoon each of honey and/or plain yogurt
- Smooth on face, avoiding eyes
Basic Honey Mask
- Combine one tablespoon each of honey and olive oil
- Add two teaspoons lemon juice
- Beat in one egg yolk
- Smooth on face and allow to dry before rinsing
Daily moisturizing is essential, and natural ingredients are easy to find in your kitchen. Many homemade moisturizers are made from perishable food items, and mixtures should be refrigerated and used within three days to a week.
Cocoa Butter and Egg Moisturizer for Normal Skin
- Melt two tablespoons cocoa butter over low heat
- Separate one egg yolk and add to butter
- Add two tablespoons lemon juice
By using natural oils, fruits, juices, and sugars, you can create cleansers, moisturizers, and masks in your own kitchen. Search the internet for the myriad of recipes available, or experiment and create mixtures custom-made for your own skin.